Friday, August 16, 2013

Book Review: Ex-Communication by Peter Clines


I don't know how many of you have ever read Peter Clines, but this latest addition to his "Ex-Heroes" series just proves that he is one of the most imaginative writers currently pumping out literature.



When I finished the first book, Ex-Heroes, I thought that it was amazing, but not really one of those books you will find a good sequel to. I had already read Clines' "The Junkie Quatrain" and knew he could write some of the best zombie fiction there is (eat your heart out Max Brooks), but Ex-Heroes really blew me away. Zombies books are always a lot of fun, but add in some SUPERHEROES??? You know this is going to be good. He followed that one up with "Ex-Patriots" and blew my mind yet again, and I couldn't wait for the next one to come out.

It didn't disappoint.

Ex-Communication once again kicks off by sucking you into the story, once again introduces completely original characters that are so real (even though they may have super powers) that they might be someone you know, and once again throws in enough zombie killing, super power packed action with a climax that will make it impossible to stop reading until the very end.

The character development is some of the best I've read, the story is original and unpredictable, and the end will once again leave you begging for more. This book gets 5 gold stars and 50,000 scrappydoo points. A great read that I would recommend to anyone who likes fun. I can't wait for his next title, Ex-Purgatory, set to be released next January.

No comments:

Post a Comment